View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 7:28 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
2 to 5 feet???

Could not dig that with a garden shovel.

In my opinion that structures looks hideous. Though it is good to have a museum on human rights.
frozen ground can be easier to dig, because it is more stable...

the design, like the museum itself will be controvercial...some will hate it and some will love it....in a country of less than inspiring architecture, it will be a welcome conversation piece.

this design was my least favourite of the finalists in the competition, but over the years, it has grown on me and now i am a big supporter of it....i would hold opinion until it is built.....it will certainly be like nothing else in this country...at least it isnt just another crinkly tin gehry, or pointy liebeskind like everyone else is building....awesome or ugly, it will be like no other....how many 330' tall museums do you know?

with the building being located in the middle of nowhere (winnipeg), i think it had to be something that caused discussion to get noticed....the more debate about the building the better....my prediction is that it will be spectacular....a mountain of glass and stone on a flat prairie....it will change the face of the city completely.

these were my two favourite competition finalists...

Last edited by trueviking; Feb 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM.