View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Based on the west coast. I do business with a number of Montreal based businesses. Generally I say a bit more relaxed than Toronto, in many ways more of a west coast business style with a french flare to it.

I notice many creative people (Software developers among others) on the west coast view Montreal as "the other option" of where to go and work/live. Generally view is it is more artistic and culturally interesting that the rest of Eastern Canada. Especially the case with millennials.

Some people view Quebec as a bit spoiled, asking for more than its fair share financially. No one questions Quebec has some unique cultural and linguistic considerations that as a society it is free to encourage and develop. They question why it should get more money than other regions of the country or the federal government gets dragged into academic constitutional discussion when there are other concrete issues that impact the lives of Canadians in and outside of Quebec.
Thanks for your comment. I really enjoyed reading your view from a personal/business perspective.