View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 3:53 PM
"Pow! Right in the kissa"

That's a tough call...
I mean any city has the potential to do anything and seeing as you can truly compare Hamilton to Pittsburgh just that we're a bit smaller, I'd say it could happen.
This'll take time though and keep in mind Pittsburgh gets money from county, state and federal levels where as Hamilton...I'm not actually sure where we get ours for development.

Steel Mills - Only time will tell for us but Pittsburgh seems to have recovered from it's fallout moving more towards the hightech sector

Transportation - They have quit an extensive light rail system through one part of the area that turns into a subway downtown. We simply need light rail to begin with. Bring back our damn incline too! I'd love that

That dirty dirty image - I love the fact how it was called 'Hell with the lid off' and being there last month, my mind was blown away and that I could actually call certain viewpoints of the city "beautiful"...for a mid-east town.

Downtown - Walkable, almost reminded me of NYC but very very busy and bustling. Even at night after the Pirates game you felt very safe and wanted a night on the town. As for Hamilton you feel very safe before 6:00 and need an excuse to stay downtown. As much as it's trying to comeback, it still has lots of work to do.

All in all, we do have the potential...but as much as I'd like to say we beat Pittsburgh on a lot of points (maybe those waterfalls), our US counterpart certainly takes the cake.