Thread: Fanshawe Riots
View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 10:13 PM

My Facebook news feed was flooded with comments about the riots this morning. One Fanshawe grad says she wishes the rioters burned her diploma, and another grad has stated that he will no longer donate money to the institution. I know a lot of Fanshawe grads and the general consensus among them is shame that they ever attended the institution. I personally wouldn't go that far, especially since many of the rioters (according to news reports) were not Fanshawe students. Still, there is no doubt that Fanshawe has had its image tarnished, and some parents may now think twice about letting their kids go to Fanshawe.

One of the problems Fanshawe continues to have is that it's an institution students don't want to be at when they don't have classes: when I was at Fanshawe I used to post on SSP about the "evacuation mentality" of students there. The administration has failed to put together on-campus events on weekends, something Western has no problem doing. This kind of thing could be reduced if Fanshawe had more on-campus events on weekends, that could be better controlled.