View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 11:01 PM

The Guardian, Fisher or Penobscot Buildings they do stand up well against the Gems of NY & Chitown. But oh man I would really have loved if either the Book Tower or Fisher Building had started construction a few years earlier (only 1/3 built cuz of depression same with book). But check this google earth rendering I came across it on Reddit of what a fully completed Fisher Building would look like (minus the gold plate roof which was removed in WW2 so as not to direct potential German Bombers).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Detroit/com...g_is_finished/

Despite all the regional issues that linger and hold back an even bigger recovery i'm optimistic Detroit had the bones of a world class city the region still has economic power it's GDP still on par with Singapore, Hong Kong or Rome. The pieces are here some point out the weather as a negative but the state has good geography on it's side ie more coast than any other state in the lower 48. Great Lakes beaches are also finally getting recognition as being top notch (whether that is ultimately a good thing or bad is yet to be seen) ... Sleeping Bear Dunes has been named the best beach in America and one of the best in the world in the past few years. Detroit's got a chance to truly get things right this time that's the real opportunity here we can still be the Motor City and a have a proper world class urban environment at the same time so to speak.

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection

Last edited by Docta_Love; Feb 16, 2018 at 11:14 PM.