View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2016, 2:59 PM
BANNED

Ask a legit question and I get a bunch or idiotic answers. Not one actually answering it.

If you drive constantly for a living you may learn a bit about this intersection rather then just looking on google earth. As for removing lanes. Maybe some. But most cannot be moved unless some sort of detour is made like the Water avenue turn. You could funnel some traffic there and the short part of east portage could be just a west bound and east bound with no north bound turn.

There isn't another intersection so pinned in like P&M in the city. They expanded the roadway to the point some lanes are to small for some traffic. Example of this would be any left turn on portage between main and memorial. Those turning lanes are big enough for a smart car and that's it.

You all seem to be pedestrian experts but obviously don't drive much. You cannot just say take the barriers down. Take a few lanes away because it looked fine in 1930 ffs. This isn't the past and not one comparison to the past has any merit here. This corner has heavy traffic. The most used intersection in the city. Yet you compare it to other intersection with half as much traffic. Or better yet to 1930......

You want it open. Hate to tell you that you will have to make the majority of motor vehicle users happy. So taking away lanes isn't going to win you anything.

And for the 100th time I never was against openin this. I said many times it has to be done RIGHT. You people just think pulling down the barriers and closing off lanes and it's done. Such visionaries you are.