View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 6:37 PM

Quote:
For instance, further south along North First, in proximity to a light-rail stop, Mill Valley-based developer Thompson/Dorfman is seeking to build 1,600 single-family and multi-family attached homes, 40,000 square feet of shops and restaurants, and eight acres of public and private parks at 3469 N. First.
This sounds very similar to the Rivermark development nearby in Santa Clara.

Quote:
Besides the Novellus rezonings, Cupertino developer Hunter-Storm has begun scrapping dirt on 39 acres fronting Highway 237 and immediately north of the Novellus headquarters. That site is to be home to a 160-room hotel, 250,000 square-feet of new retail, including a Target store, and some 890,000 square feet of offices.
This sounds like a promising development. Target stores seem to be the Trader Joes/ Whole Foods of Big Box retail. One of those chains people get excited about opening in their area, although I know there are also many who would strongly disagree. I wonder if this project will be similar to the one being planned for the Mid Market area of San Francisco. Vertical mall with a large ground floor anchor, a la Time Warner Center. That would be cool, but only if it was appealing to the pedestrain as well. Will look foward to finding some sort of rendering.