View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith8358 View Post
Hello
Im not sure if you guys know anything about it but
Is Bond Uni. in queensland an accredited school over there?
Thanks
It is a private University, fairly well regarded, all the students that go there pay fees directly to the Uni, most other Universities only charge foreign students directly (so no change there). But for Australian students other universities offer HECS which is a system where the government pays your fees, and you pay them back later once you have started earning a certain amount per year. Generally they work out much cheaper.

I do know several people that have attended Bond Uni, they all seemed to like it, the class sizes are fairly small, and it's fairly intensive (They run 3 semester per year rather than 2 so they do not have the very long break that most do at the end of the year.) I personally had the option of attending there, but even with them offering to waive a portion of my fees (academic schollarship) it was still many times more expensive than the alternative universities - Though for international students, the fees may be more similar.

Quote:
Queensland would be the Mexico, NSW would be America
The reason for the term, aside from being 'south' is that the majority of Australia's internal migration is from Victoria and NSW to Queensland. (Though Victoria and NSW do gain I believe a slightly higher share of the international immigration). The similarity is seen with Mexican immigration to the USA.

Quote:
probably the fastest developing city in Oz huh? set to overtake melbourne anytime soon?
Last time I ran the numbers (a couple of years ago), Brisbane would be larger than Melbourne's 'present' size by about 2018, and would be larger than Melbourne's future size in 2081 or something as equally silly. Of course, that was assuming something that you really cannot, which is that the % growth would stay the same. It could be much earlier or much later, as it stands I believe it's looking to be much earlier, but you really do not know.