View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 4:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I think you are ingnoring a major difference. The exisiting downtown condos you are referring to I believe are all former office building retrofits that the developers acquired cheaply. You can't build a new, quality highrise condo for anything approaching $235 per square foot.
Well at this point we're comparing quality of one high rise condo to one that is still imaginary. But the TD Bank has concrete separation vertically and the code approved condo sound separation horizontally. If at the end of the day the Plains condos switch out of poured demising walls then you'll have identical 'quality' between them. The standards for commercial construction often far exceed that of residential anyway.

Regarding TD, I have heard of some noise issues on back-to-back walls, but one corner unit hearing another corner unit would be quite unlikely. Maybe the person reporting it is confused about which unit they are hearing. Probably the Plains building will be similar to the others, possibly better but the differences would be likely small.