View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Its minuscule in its impact to the overall building costs from inception to reality. If this is the shining beacon of beacon of encouraging development growth, let's see how the forecast looks going forward.

Have fun with the business exodus.
What is minuscule? If you're referring to not having to build for gas, it's not minuscule at all.

If you're referring to not having to comply with combustion safety building requirements, then yeah, it's definitely small in comparison to other costs. But who's saying it's a shining beacon to encourage growth? You? I just said it removes a regulation to comply with.

Quote:
Its just the start. Than the real ban or change occurs on the state level, which is catastrophic. Like a lot of other policies.
Yeah, and then the Black Helicopters start buzzing overhead and they come and take my guns!!

Quote:
If the climate was really good (besides the weather), folks wouldn't be leaving in droves, I'm just saying. In the end, a lot of issues that have to be fixed, and the priority of this low. Better legislative time could be used on other issues.
I don't know man... this is a local ordinance in a wealthy, educated place. I imagine that this is a rather important issue for the population. And if it's not and the elected officials have really caused consternation, then they'll be voted out. But I'll bet Berkeley will do just fine with it. It's not like this is Flint, Michigan here.