View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2021, 3:05 AM

Still sucks. Walked past this building again this week.
It's a loss.
Sucks more people weren't willing to save this property and build around it.
There is lots or room on the side and back for creative thinking and a little less profit.
Shortsighted developer greed... and shortsighted "taller... taller...density at all cost" chants. The West Ave neighborhood can be a really unique landscape and a prime residential area once again... But only if the depth of the area is kept makes it attractive in the first place.... including the tree canopy!
And just to save you time. This has noting to do with the area going vertical. yes I think this area is ripe for more development and it needs to happen..... and there are plenty of properties that willl be prime. BUT it is also peppered with significant historical properties that need to be kept to add to said depth and texture of the area.

And while I'm at it. Lets go with the fact that its happening. ... what's with the limits that were put-on restaurant/ bar space.? That makes no sense. The other thing that will make this area sing is great neighborhood restaurant/bar space. So to me : sucks both ways.