View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2017, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Interesting that they are 'saving' the garage-- If they didn't they would have no rights to build here since this area is supposed to be parkland-- Nice design, build it somewhere else.
I've been torn on the concept of a park on this site for a while. Unfortunately, I like this office design a lot and think we need more of it in Atlanta. This is one I'd probably want to take a step back on and say leave it up to the residents. The building looks like an appropriate use of space, especially for not adding parking. It also puts more jobs in a neighborhood that would benefit from it, without completely disrupting the park feel, as it doesn't allow vehicles on site and has large sidewalks. I see the building more of a decent use of space that will serve some public purpose and compliment the surrounding parkland and TOD.

I think i'd be a lot more attached to the "linear park" if it wasn't constantly disrupted by vehicular traffic. The longest greenspace this proposed park has is ~0.2 of a mile: