View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 12:45 AM
Of Heart's Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
if SF doesn't work, how about SJ like everyone else? (please don't start ragging on me; I am not recommending this; this is more ironic than anything else)

I'm just kidding, but if the Warriors did move to SJ, then SJ (including Santa Clara, where the proposed stadium is quite near the SJ border) would have as many teams as LA and SF COMBINED

LA: Dodgers, Kings, Clippers, Lakers (the Angels and the proposed NFL Stadium in Industry are some distance away)
SF: Giants (assuming Raiders and 49er's move to Santa Clara and not to LA)

SJ: Sharks, A's, Raiders, 49er's, Warriors

I understand that the combination of popular votes and negotiations to get this fully done is some way off; I'm just commenting on how topsy-turvy things could be)
And the Earthquakes, dammit! I know MLS is marginalized as a minor sport/league, but they actually construct stadia purpose-built for soccer. That's fairly significant.

As for all those things happening, I think the last to the party would rethink making it a crowd. If two more teams set up camp in the South Bay, a third would probably not see it as such a goldmine anymore. Similarly, if the A's and Raiders skip town, having the East Bay to themselves would probably make the Warriors liking their location a bit more.