View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 6:28 PM

Has it really been determined that a completely new station would cost more than moving and refurbishing the old depot? Or is this just what some people conjecture? From the pleminary plans it look like there would be this enormous curved shed not only over platforms but even over the old depot. What is that going to cost?

It's not very likely that your prefered alignment will be used since even with safety concerns UP and City have already made their decision right?

By moving the station the city would then own two blocks of vacant downtown land for development. Well call me cynical but if the past is any indication of the future then I'm afraid we'll end up with two blocks of surface parking lot for a long time. Won't the city own the depot and surrounding area either way? So they'll still get money for it if its developed. I'm not sure why tall buildings at that site are so important...but maybe it would be cool. I just don't have a lot of faith that it would end up good.

I'm not confused about what redneck means to me. The Fourth Edition of American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language has their definition, I have mine. Although a person (of any color) with provincial, bigoted attitudes would be a redneck in my mind. OK this is really the last thing I say about this ...really..