View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I am sending them an email later today. Anyone here who gives a crap about how this building will turn out needs to do the same. Time to put our money where out mouth is everyone! Show this Durst group that money should not trump design. And for anyone who thinks that a skeletonized, bare antenna/spire would look good with this tower, think again. It would look ridiculous. The spire IS a major integral part of the final design and the appearance of the building. Again I say, this is YET another example of the complete missed opportunity that has occured with the design of Ground Zero.

There was an opportunity to build big, bold, and cutting edge. But we ended up with second tier designs and "settled" because of political cronyism and backroom deals. Politicians should have stayed the hell out of it and let the architects and the public decide what was build there. Again, if ANY site in the world was screaming for the world's tallest building, this was it!! But nope, Dubai holds that title. They didn't rebuild the Twin Towers, which the public wanted, they got rid of outdoor observation decks, and the restaurant at the top, and now they are talking about getting rid of one of the major design elements?! Well, it will be a travesty if they do. So I will be telling them this in my email to them! Where the HELL has the public input been on all of this? Oh wait, there was none, if the public had a say the Twin Towers would have been rebuilt and we would have been saved from all this ridiculous-ness.
Will you stop with the Twin Towers argument? It's over okay. We will not see Twin Towers ever again at least not in anybody's lifetime.