View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2012, 4:28 PM

I'm quite optimistic for an expansion to Moncton, it seems viable and the Touchdown Atlantic games for me show the CFL's interest in putting a team in Moncton. Here's a few points I have on why I think a team would be expanded to here soon...

- Touchdown Atlantic for me is a market test for the CFL, I feel it's gained the CFL major confidence in the area

- With Ottawa gaining a franchise again the league I believe would be looking to expand elsewhere to even sides, Moncton is able to fill the void

- With the geographic range, areas and places like Quebec City and elsewhere would really squeeze together with other teams in the area (ignoring the Calgary - Edmonton situation, both large cities). I think expanding to Moncton is a plus in the eyes of the CFL as it would move into an untouched area and would really spread the CFL across Canada

- I think if a team was placed here it would be marketed as Atlantic and not Moncton which would help market it better to our region as a whole

I honestly think Moncton in the CFL is like Winnipeg in the NHL, it's small market by standards but it can work.