View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2012, 5:58 PM
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
I'm quite optimistic for an expansion to Moncton, it seems viable and the Touchdown Atlantic games for me show the CFL's interest in putting a team in Moncton. Here's a few points I have on why I think a team would be expanded to here soon...

- Touchdown Atlantic for me is a market test for the CFL, I feel it's gained the CFL major confidence in the area

- With Ottawa gaining a franchise again the league I believe would be looking to expand elsewhere to even sides, Moncton is able to fill the void

- With the geographic range, areas and places like Quebec City and elsewhere would really squeeze together with other teams in the area (ignoring the Calgary - Edmonton situation, both large cities). I think expanding to Moncton is a plus in the eyes of the CFL as it would move into an untouched area and would really spread the CFL across Canada

- I think if a team was placed here it would be marketed as Atlantic and not Moncton which would help market it better to our region as a whole

I honestly think Moncton in the CFL is like Winnipeg in the NHL, it's small market by standards but it can work.
You pretty much just named the same reasons why Halifax would be a good choice too, although I do think Hali has more going for it in regards to getting a team, current stadium or not.