View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 2:23 PM
Go Beavs! Go Niners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Their Winter, our summer was a great time to visit, not overly crowded at the beaches etc. Daytime temps were comfortable, nights were a little chilly but not bad. I also went to Sydney, will post pics later, I found Sydney warmer than Melbourne and the main parts are very walkable. It's a toss-up both are great cities. I was surprised to read the population of Sydney has grown almost a million people in 7 years. It was said to hit 5.6 million in June 2018. Melbourne is 4.8 Million and is the most densely populated city in Australia, Sydney is third for density, I forgot what two was. You'll love it, just bring money eating out is expensive, a pint at a hotel, what they call a pub, was like $15
I have heard that it's very expensive out there, luckily I won't have to pay for a hotel since i'll be staying with an old friend of mine who lives in the Northwest part of Sydney. He came up to visit me last month here in Portland and so next time it's my turn. It was kind of funny though, being that he is from such a larger and world renown city like Sydney trying to show him cool places in Portland was a bit of a challenge. Luckily, the tons of breweries, food trucks and music scene didn't disappoint but it still has nothing on Sydney. lol