View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:18 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Sure, the TOD will help Denver over the long haul, but it's not like you wouldn't get gobs of TOD on Colfax, Broadway, and Cherry Creek lines too. And it's not like Seattle's system doesn't have enormous TOD potential on its own.

Anyway I'm not really sure what your argument is. You seem to simultaneously be saying that Seattle is better because Seattle has to serve its natural transit corridors, and also that Denver is better because Denver skipped serving its natural transit corridors.

Maybe your point is just that Seattle and Denver are different? OK, they're different.

Maybe your point is that Seattle has no choice but to build the good/expensive stuff, while Denver can get away with cutting corners? I suppose that's true, but it aligns with where I said "Denver can choose," so where's the disagreement?

Maybe your point is just annoyance at anyone who thinks FasTracks is imperfect? Sorry not sorry.

Maybe your point is that we should stop talking about Seattle as a model for Denver to emulate? Well, that would be an interesting topic! I'd say that Seattle includes a lot of things Denver should emulate, but also a lot that it shouldn't. I'd also say there are things in Denver that Seattle should emulate. And we can talk more about all of that if you want to.