View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
No, I haven't gotten into Southtown. I mostly visit downtown, but I am wanting to see more of San Antonio. It's just that I've always been pressed for time whenever I'm there, and I always end up in downtown. If I had the time to do it, I'd ride my bike all over town. With the riverwalk trail system, you can pretty much go anywhere you want to across many miles of the city. San Antonio is lucky to have such a trail system. I'm wanting to make a map of all the places that look interesting to me to visit and use it as a check list. I've been looking for a good place to take photos of the skyline from up high on the west side of downtown.
The Great White at SeaWorld has pretty good views of downtown

In all seriousness, though, go down to the Guadalupe St bridge where it crosses the tracks west of S Frio. If you want good views of the entire city, try going up to LaCantera where the Elian development was just completed off of Interstate 10.

Great pictures, by the way. There's always talk in the SA forum about how the city needs more tall buildings. Part of it I'm sure is the inferiority complex and being in Texas, but I suspect it's mostly because of how easy it is to ignore the wonderful variety of architecture that's already there. It's something that's easy to tear down but impossible to build new.