View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
aye did anyone else notice almost all of the 4th/Broadway one story retail/small parking garage is shut down? almost all the retail just closed and the public isn't allowed in the parking garage. shot an hour ago

that's your best vid yet, eightball!! And your first scoop in this thread....

I've been waiting for confirmation of changes to that bldg for some time now. Unless all those stores closed within the past few days, I'd have thought hints of the bldg being prepped for demolition first became evident awhile back. if so, no one has said anything about that until now. however, I do notice one store still remains....that panda restaurant.

that intersection desperately needs a new spark added to it, to make up for the still tired, shabby northern portion of broadway & certainly to offset that horrible burned out bldg across the street. If this proj really does break ground in the next few months, & if the apt tower at 4th & hill also breaks ground around the same period, that will be a great shot in the arm for the area of dt between the civic ctr down towards 5th st. Even better, if work also begins on the site of that huge parking lot encircling the title guarantee bldg across from pershing sq, that will be a triple play.