View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 6:34 AM

@tech12 -maybe you should have read my post before critiquing it. I specifically said we didn't have public housing that looked like those in the South Bronx. The closest we come are the two market-rate projects -Parkmerced in San Francisco and Park La Brea in LA. If you have ever been to the Bronx you would instantly what I mean. Anyway my point was never about whether or not we had public housing projects on the west coast but rather it was about the archetypal image of urban grit.

As for the uprisingy blacks-- I edited it to make it a little more clear. These housing projects were never created by the will, demand or consent of the black community but rather they were schemed-up by rich white guys -namely politicians who were pressured by 'everyday folks' worried about them black people marching in the streets and demanding their rights. They along with planner-whores, union bosses and sleazy contractors took tax-dollars and set out to disrupt ..er.. I mean 'improve' the poor black communities. The war on poverty worked as well as the war on drugs. Maybe war isn't the answer.