View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Good to hear that construction on the Hyatt has started. Also noticed construction on the apartments in the Saratoga building looks to have started.

Also...is there work being done on the Rault Center? Didn't get a good look since I was driving by on Loyola, but thought I saw something different about the building. Maybe I'm just seeing things as I get older. I'll look again when I'm in the CBD.
Definately saw activity at the Saratoga building. Not sure about the Rault center but I can swing by there and give an update. A little info on the Saratoga project below. Great location for this project IMO, in close proximity to both medical schools.

http://www.wisznia.com/development/

Live boldly at The Saratoga, a new type of apartment building created for the movers-and-shakers of the “new” New Orleans. This isn’t your granddaddy’s wrought iron and pastel paint: The Saratoga is fifteen stories of studio, one- and two-bedroom units fully outfitted with modern amenities – and all with a 1950’s vintage swagger. Built in 1953 and completely renovated in 2010, The Saratoga stands at the center of New Orleans’ future, on the corner of Tulane and Loyola, overlooking City Hall and the Tulane/LSU/VA medical district. The Saratoga has all amenities for the modern professional: onsite parking garage, fitness center, rooftop hot tubs, and bamboo garden.