View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I don't see the relation.

Huh? Those Downtown towers directly border the brownstone neighborhoods of Brooklyn. These towers are no different. And will be no different from the further expansion of taller towers in Brooklyn bordering these neighborhoods.

I remember a similar argument about Atlantic Yards and it's towers a few years back. Same thing.

Now, if we want to discuss a tower that truly doesn' fit it's surroundings, look no further than 1 Manhattan Plaza.

cityrealty_nyc

Residents in the area say - rightly - that the tower doesn't fit in with its surroundings, that's it's too tall for the area. My response to that is the same.
Unless, of course, their opinions are invalid because they don't live in nice brownstones.
The difference is that the LES desperately needs redevopment and is the victim of poor urban planning and a poor answer to housing. Brooklyn Heights is in no need of such Urban adjustments. If this was below Court street id have no problem with it. To compare a neighborhood that needs gentrification to one that does not is pointless, apples and oranges. Lest we forget that preservation is a huge part of architecture not just development.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold