View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:50 PM
Hell with the Lid Off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel City Scotty View Post
The giant Ferris wheel had already made Esplanade the development project in the city that I was most looking forward to, but this talk of the man-made lagoon that becomes an ice skating rink in the winter only adds to it. I really hope that all of this comes together.

I will say the last project that I got this excited about was the massive "One Grandview" hotel rendering on Mount Washington, and we know that hasn't happened...yet, but the highline project on the South Side, which is underway, ranks high on my list as well.
This was posted in the PG back in March: http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201803140057
Developer awarded grant to build Grandview Avenue hotel in Mount Washington
Quote:
Grandview Realty LLC has been awarded a $1 million state redevelopment assistance capital grant to support the construction of a $95 million hotel and conference center with a spa, fitness center, ballroom, parking garage, and public grand plaza with an outdoor dining area.
Mr. Beemsterboer told him that he was still working through the financing and design for the project.

Once the developer has completed both, it intends to present a plan to the community, Mr. Grande said.
...the developer spent $1.7 million to buy nine parcels near the Edge site in December. Mr. Grande said they include abandoned houses that will be remediated and demolished and become part of the footprint for the development.
But this too may have stalled because of lack of financial backing. I have not heard a thing since.