View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4life View Post
I know this topic gets thrown around in multiple threads, so I figured I'd start a thread of its own to discuss.

Regardless of Sky City's cancellation (which is far more to blame on the developer than the Winnipeg market imo), I think it is a serious positive note that we have seen and are seeing 9 towers of 70+ meters on the rise since 2012 (announcement of ALT and Glasshouse). Especially considering the fact that Winnipeg had not seen anything constructed at these levels from 1990 until the construction of Manitoba Hydro Headquarters and then again from that project to the ALT/Glasshouse projects.

So now that Glass house, ALT (CentrePoint), and 300 Assiniboine are all completed, D condo is nearing completion, TNS/Sutton Place mega project is nearing their halfway point, and 300 Main is on the rise; given this upward trajectory (pun intended), where, when, and what do you think is next for Winnipeg? Let's keep the speculation based on the height trend of 70+ meter builds.

I've lurked here long enough to know some of you have detailed knowledge of potential future projects and others who at least have your ears pointed towards parties who may have detailed knowledge… So please add fuel to the speculation; where you can and what you can

And…. Go!
I am thinking we will see more activity on South Main near the renovated buildings like Fortune Bldg. Also the Earls site. I also am sure 416 Main st will see a hi-rise as well as perhaps the MPIC or other lots near The RBC Convention centre? Plus Sky city/ St Regis lot and also Seems like Artis will build more along Fort near Graham if all goes well