View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2005, 11:40 PM

I just wish he would have at least kept this little building the same height as he had originally requested from the planning commission, as you can see below:

7. DP-063-2005 PRESENTED BY: PH & J Architects

REPRESENTING: Retirement Systems of Alabama

SUBJECT: Request recommendation(s) for development plan approval for a new office building and parking deck to be located at the corner of South Union Street, Adams Avenue, and South Ripley Street, in an O-1 (Office) Zoning District (proposed B-1-a (Central Business) Zoning District).

REMARKS: This request is for recommendation(s) to construct 10 story building that would include a basement and a penthouse, along with a 685 space multi-level parking deck. There will be entrances from South Union Street, Adams Avenue and South Ripley Street. The building will be 280,643 sq. ft. and the parking deck will be 252,896 sq. ft. All applicable requirements will be met under the B-1-a zoning requirements. A landscape plan is on file.

Planning Controls Comment(s): No objections.

COUNCIL DISTRICT:

All requests are subject to Zoning Ordinance and/or Subdivision Regulations, applicable departmental approvals and Planning Commission recommendations

I figured this would be RSA's new HQ, but $80M for an 8-story building, you would think it could have been at least 20+ stories, even with the higher price of building upwards these days. But you know Bronner invests more into interior design than outside design to keep the buildings top-of-the-line 'class A ' for a long, long time.

I am glad that something is being built on that side of Downtown also. I thought this would be his new home when I saw the penthouse request, but I didn't see any info in the article about it on the top floor.