View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 12:31 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
I will say, Trump leveraged the laws that exist to protect himself, and if politicians didn't like it (such as Obama or Hillary) they could have simply brought it up before and spent their political capital prioritizing fixes for the problems that Trump exploited.

Trump himself had no problem loudly shining lights on the laws he used to protect himself during the presidential debates, and rightly called out other politicians for only complaining about it since he was their incidental political opponent of the day.

Banks and lenders and financiers are not little babies that need more and more laws to protect them. Those banks knew the risks, and they signed the contracts, and they understood the bankruptcy laws.

We are living in an absurd age where political opponents of Trump are out there defending the "little guy banks" from big bad Trump.
I'm not in disagreement with you except that Trump has always displayed little regard to moral standing which has been a disservice for many people unintentionally caught up in his schemes. We can question the ethics and self preservation of Hillary , Obama and many other before them but, one thing for sure, Trump will be easier fodder for schemers much worst than him; some of those banks you speak of too. You just have to cut him in.