View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolmak View Post
Why does it have to be a big deal? Only a Toronto forumer would make a big deal out of it. Its not that other cities feel left out, if that is even possible, its the fact that if someone were to make a thread saying, "Tallest Mountains in Canada outside of the rockies" would people from BC and AB say "HEY! You can't do that! The tallest mountains are in BC and AB so everything else is obsolete." No. This thread was about what are the tallest U/C outside of Toronto. Because it is interesting to see what is being built outside of Toronto, and that the rest of the forumers, Toronto included, can come and take a peek at what Vancouver or Edmonton or Montreal are building. Is that a crime? To exclude Toronto for once?
I hate to nitpick but the tallest mountains in Canada are in the Saint Elias Range (mostly Yukon), not in the Rockies.

Anyway, the justification behind the decision to exclude the GTA and only the GTA is pretty weak. What if people want to see what is being built in Victoria or Ottawa? Should a new top 10 thread be made excluding the GTA, GVRD, Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal? Tallest building rankings are necessarily exclusive and it will always be the case that some cities are not represented.

Last edited by Log1988; Nov 23, 2011 at 1:12 AM. Reason: I lied...I actually love to nitpick.