View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorkishdork View Post
The problem with putting a light-rail down Federal and Ellsworth is that Ellsworth doesn't go all the way through. It becomes a very small street east of Passyunk and disappears entirely at the parks that are bound by 5th, 3rd, Washington and Federal. There is a reason the 64 does not go on Ellsworth and Federal. Now if we are talking subgrade, we might be able to work something out. But above ground would not work on those streets. Plus Washington ave is changing from a contractor's area (mostly west of broad) to a mix of apartments offices and shops and is a wider street and would be able to accommodate the added traffic. Light-rail would add a lot to Washington Ave and would make it much more appealing to more than just the Vietnamese immigrants currently inhabiting the block.

Fair - though tried to re-configure the route using street that flow through

And Washington could work as well IMHO - just sort of thought but obviously nothing set in stone - even in my own head which is a far as this proposal has gone

And well I quite like the Pho there on Washington

Cant imagine submerged TBH

I actually do like the concept and think it could be very beneficial - but that and a couple of bucks only really gets a cup of coffee...