View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 3:24 AM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta_Love View Post
Wow! K-zoo has really come a long way over the past ten years or so (since the days when i frequented it often) so has WMU from what i can see, Kalamazoo is finally embracing it full potential as a college town and seems to be gaining many of the ancillary benefits. I know there's more to The Zoo than just the schools there as well but it seems WMU's status has increased its gone hand in hand with this current resurgence.
For sure WMU has had a lot to do with it - the hospitals and medical industry too. Kalamazoo still has its fair share of large challenges - above average crime and poverty rates come to mind - but there is a lot in the works to continue combatting that. The city is also currently in the process of updating its master plan and vision for 2025. In fact, tomorrow and Wednesday all-day there will be a community design workshop focusing on the downtown area. This will wrap up the community input portion of the master planning process, but neighborhood meetings have been happening all through the winter. I'm taking time off from work to attend both days.