View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Owen View Post
Doing so I imagine would require purchasing a lot of right-of-way/properties to make possible. In addition, any new stretch of interstate roadway connecting I-269 with I-555 would have to be built around Shelby Forest (most likely on the northern edge of the state park).
A study that was conducted had one of the possible alignments do just that. I posted this back in 2011 and it includes the study map. The Memphis metro has a deficit of bridges. I'd like to see the northern option built connecting to I-555 and also the major suspension bridge in the works for MS/AR I-69 crossing. Maybe the alignment south of Shelby Forest, north of Downtown would be better if it tied into West Memphis' intermodal & river port assets.

Study looks at options for third bridge over the Mississippi River.
Memphis Flyer/ by Bianca Phillips

Quote:
The plans — jointly developed by TDOT, the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department, the Mississippi Department of Transportation, the Memphis and West Memphis Metropolitan Planning Organizations, and the Federal Highway Administration — offer seven two-mile-wide corridors where a new earthquake-proof bridge and connecting highway could be built.
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/...nt?oid=2697539

Last edited by Johnny Ryall; Mar 14, 2017 at 4:15 AM.