View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 4:10 PM

More On Foxconn

It's wait and see time now but all signs are starting to point toward Wisco...

Group pursuing large Foxconn factory wants to tap City of Racine for water, sewer

Quote:
Representatives of a closely guarded effort to land a much-sought-after Foxconn Technology Group factory have approached the City of Racine about providing water and sewer service to a potential large plant outside the city limits, Mayor John Dickert said Friday.

“I was informed in a general conversation from somebody who I will not name who just simply said, ‘There’s a big development out west that we’re working on,’” he said.
Wisconsin a frontrunner for Foxconn plant; incentive package expected

Quote:
In Wisconsin, “megasites” in Racine and Kenosha counties are being considered by Foxconn, said Boyd.

The Racine County Board this week passed, in closed session, a transfer of $500,000 from the general fund to go toward “economic support,” although it remained unclear whether the transfer is related to the Foxconn project. A Racine County official did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Looks like it's down to Wisconsin and Michigan. I see Wisconsin coming out on top for 2 reasons; this is in Paul Ryan's district and Trump already hinted that Wisconsin would be getting a huge surprise soon from an electronics manufacturer. I see politics playing out with this one and hey, I'll take it if it means the Milwaukee metro area benefits. This would be an absolute game changer for SE Wisconsin, more specifically Milwaukee, if they do indeed choose Racine County over Kenosha County.