View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
I was driving all over the valley this weekend looking at potentially moving to a cheaper place (as far out as Langley and Pitt Meadows), but the prices are not nearly cheap enough to justify the transportation prices/hassle. City of North Van is bad for transit, relative to its distance to downtown, but I sure appreciate the convenience more now.

The saleswoman at the showroom at Elements in Langley tried to convince us it would be 10 minutes by bus to the WCE. Yeah, right. We drove it afterwards - maybe 30 by bus, and neither me nor my wife work 9 to 5.

I visited the Elements in Langley display rooms. Very nice decor and workmanship. Of course what you get in the end is somewhat different. As well, the 25 cent per square foot strata fee, plus the obvious increases in fees to maintain that "Infinity Club" in the years to come is a turnoff. The complete lack of transit opportunities in that area is of utmost the biggest turn off given the prices they are charging (about 25% too high for a wood-framed building expected to have poor sound proofing based on what I've seen in the construction process). There is also just too many lights you will have to wait at just to get out of the central town center. The 10 minutes by bus to the WCE is just a sales pitch.