View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2012, 5:44 PM
BANNED

No, the opportunity is gone now because the city blew it. They didn't do enough to intice Dolan out of there which was a massive failure IMO. The garden won't move for at least 20 years I'm sure given the investment... that is why I said, think of something else to improve Penn. Make it a huge underground cavern. If you can't go up, go down. There is no other way now to create a decent commuter station. Monyihan station seems to be a mickey-mouse solution for Amtrak and doesn't solve the Penn problem now at all IMO.

Also, not being able to complete a small head-house station like Monyihan in a decade + is a blasphemy. Any other civilized developed country can build a new station within 5 years. Look at London. This country really has declined, it can no longer do big things. Thank God Europe can do something relatively quickly when it sets its mind to build. We'll all be old men before this country produces anything decent in the sphere of transportation. And if the Republicans win this year, good night for transit funding!!! That's when I say adios.