View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 11:03 AM
Back from the dead

^Well I would also like to see the city do this right (lol....as if it will ever get it done at all) but if Wyatt is claiming that city can always find money for roadway grade-seperations or railway bridges then I don't know where he lives because it's clearly not Winnipeg. We're just about the only city in the developed (and most of the developing) world that has no freeway either within the city or even leading to it. We're always complaining about having to wait for trains on major routes (and I'm not just talking about Waverley or what used to be the problem at Kenaston either) Now we can't even build a "high speed" corridor in the north east sector of the city with so much as one simple bridge despite the plans calling for it.

Hey, I'd love to see a dedicated roadway for BRT or a seperated LRT corridor. I'm all for it but if Wyatt is going to make claims about our city's reckless and free-spending ways where overpasses are concerned, he might want to hop on a city bus or take a long drive around town.