View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2011, 7:08 PM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
The quality and spin of the LFP articles (and comments) are getting worse and worse. I'm reading the thing less and less.
If you want something that will expand your knowledge, read The Economist. If you want something that was written for a bunch of seventh graders with brain damage, pick up a copy of anything published by SUN Media or Torstar. This is the way it's been for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I can't stand "Tim Hortons Conservativism". Old codgers and misinformed workies bitchin about the system and the lazy good for nothin young folk that never knew a hard day's work.
I can't say I'm a fan of "Tim Hortons Conservatism", but the whole "lazy young folk" thing they're bitching about is very real and manifests itself in "Starbucks Liberalism". This is where a bunch of students sit around on their Macbooks, sipping Fair Trade coffee and whining about how the government doesn't grow huge and move to subsidize and regulate absolutely everything. They'll bitch about our current system and how "unfair" it is that philosophy majors aren't rewarded with the same salaries as dentists, and pine for the good ol' days of 1970s Trudeau deficits. Really, despite the fact that the two stereotypical groups hate each other, they have much in common