View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2009, 8:43 PM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
I don't have a problem with your opinion of wanting to go to the P10, but your information of where BSU is at currently as a research school is completely off in the standards and most definitely for the P10.

There are only a few non P10 western schools that fit the P10 academic profile, Utah is one.. Check plenty of info on what the P10 claims is their standard and you will clearly see this...

Bob Kustra has been begging to get into the MWC and a few years ago, BSU's academic profile was questionable for MWC standards. Now that they have shed the community college image, they might be closer to that standard but certainly not P10 worthy..

I just find it ironic that you would claim a conference your president wants to get into is over-hyped...

I respect Kustra but clearly you don't know what direction your program wants to go at this point...

I won't hold these things against you but when you try to portray your opinion as fact, it looks sloppy...
I never once have said anything is fact... I've only expressed my opinion
sports wise boise state has a good program... comparable to anything in the pac-10 IN MY OPINION...
you are the one bringing the academics into it.. and that very well is the case, but bsu did not get into the MWC because of academics.. so please be careful what you're saying as well...
You're misunderstanding my origional post... its about getting into a schedule that's more challenging for our football team... MWC hasn't proven itself really that challenging to bsu... MWC would only benefit from having bsu.. everyone knows that...

As for the research levels.. East2West hit the nail on the head.. its about reputation and even more so money and funding... boise state is a relatively newer institution.... that is comparible in size to any other regional university..
I'm origionally from Washington state.. and I know that there isn't anything more ground breaking in research that's light years ahead of boise state happening at WSU ... it's all about the establishment.. nothing more...
Boise state is and has been recently pulling much of the academic resources of the state to it's campus.... and you will see the result in the next 5-10 years... The only draw back is boise state can't re-write its history.. because it was technically just a simple jr college 30 years ago...

What looks sloppy is you disappearing from the message boards only to return when something utah/boise/idaho related is brought up...

cheers...

Last edited by Boiseguy; Sep 21, 2009 at 8:55 PM.