View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2011, 4:24 PM
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
Davie Yards can bid

Thu, Jul 28 - 4:56 AM
OTTAWA (CP) — A beleaguered Quebec shipyard will get a crack at a lucrative contract to build the next generation of warships and coast guard vessels.

The federal government has deemed Davie Yards fit to be vying for work that’s worth billions of dollars.

The shipbuilder from Levis, Que., put in its pitch for the work a scant few hours before last week’s deadline.

But because Davie had just been bought by another company, the federal government had to determine if it was eligible to bid.

Link

Great - this is all we need!
We have to keep in mind that the Davie yard is only bidding on the smaller contract for the support ships, whereas Halifax and Vancouver have bid on both. I think the Quebec yard's chances of even winning this are very slim though. Irving and Seaspan put so much time and work into their bids that if Davie were to beat either of them for the contract, I would without a doubt believe that it was a purely political desicion even though we've been told otherwise by the government.

No offense to the Quebec yard, but this desicion should be obvious. The only speculation is whether Irving or Seaspan will win the big one.