View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 11:35 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...t-project.html

Somthing really needs to happen with Regent Street. As it stands right now it seems like the whol project was a flop.

To this date none of the retail space on the bottom of the parking garage is in use, and it seems pretty clear that the hotel isn’t happening.

Hopefully this art project adds some appeal.

They really need to do somthing with the open court yard area behind the walker center garage. It seems really bland the way they did it. Somthing needs to be done to the back end of the walker center garage... I think they should also rip up some of the concrete in that court yard and add trees, fountains, maybe some places for people to sit and hang out.

Someone also needs to try harder to get some tenants in there. I’m kind of surprised that the large space on the SE corner of regent and 100s hasn’t been leased. That would make a great restaurant space.

Also the large game store at city creek has closed. Not sure what will be going in it’s place. That’s a shame. I liked that store and thought it added some diversity to the mall.
That game store was my favorite store at city creek! That's a shame. Maybe a lego store can go in that space now, though seems unlikely with the store already at fashion place.

I agree that Regent Street needs more work. The east side of the street (base of the parking garage) is very boring and monotonous. It should be better once the spaces are filled, and three of the spaces are currently in the process. The permit process + the interior construction is excruciatingly slow, but the first restaurant (Last Course) should be opening very soon. It looks like they are finishing up the interior. The next two should be open by summer, though hopefully before then.

And ditto to the walker street parking garage wall. That thing is awful. I think since the open plaza area acts as the entrance to the loading docks, it prevents any kind of vegetation from going there, tho I could be wrong about that.