View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2018, 11:12 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

I was looking through some recent council agendas, and found somethings from the May 17th planning & economic development committee:

1. The Planning & Development Department (P&DD) submitted a purchase offer for the land at 119 Garfield (at John R) in Midtown for a project animated last posted about here last June.

The proposal includes 85 residential units. The next step would include the developer entering into a development agreement with P&DD since this is a Planned District (PD) zoning designation.

2. A small development, but P&DD submitted another purchase agreement with a developer looking to construct what I imagine is a small office building a 11621 Linwood on the west side. This is directly across the street from Central High School's baseball field near the corner with Burlingame. The two existing corner buildings look to be half-way occupied (i.e. the apartments upstairs look to be used)? I wonder if this would include redoing those two? Anyway, I found this one to be notable because more than housing, some of the first stuff removed in the neighborhoods were retail and commerical buildings along the streets.

3. The public hearing for the rezoning for the Studio Live project we talked about last month was held.

This is a major upzoning essentially expanding the zoning definition of New Center, and will allow the 8-story apartment building addition.