View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 9:44 PM

I'm neither a complainer or an admirer, but I do like the square outlines from top to bottom especially if they stay pronounced enough to see from a distance. My distraction is the bump out section. Like some who don't like notches, I don't like these. Since we are getting a plethora of non rectangular flat top highrises down the pike, what the heck, we can absorb one more I suppose. I think this is another one that we may up liking once its up.
Personally I agree with MichaelB about infill, especially if we lose anymore meaningful establishments to make way. The consolation would be meaningful ground floor retail space. Like Kevin and I stated many years ago, the lack of density back then, 2010s, made it easy to see each building from all angles, from just about anywhere. Not that there was really much downtown to showcase 10 years ago. And I also agree with We vs us that something a bit more attractive would have been nicer for that site. But I think I'm going to be ok with it, perhaps even more.