View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 4, 2003, 6:13 AM

My two favorites, as my favorite sports happen to be football and auto-racing

--Cowboys new stadium aka Jerry World
promises to be the premier sporting venue in the world. It has passed it's state approvals to have a vote for it, most likely next May or Nov '04. The Cowboys are down to two sites (Las Colinas or the banks of the Trinity just across I-30 from the Dallas CBD)

I hate that it is years away though

--Boundless Motorplex(Waxahachie, small town being swallowed by southern edge of new metroplex sprawl)
Future USGP home? MotoGP? CART? IRL? WSBK? This thing actually looks like it's going to be a reality, as they reported back in April that they had reached the halfway point of the $250 million needed to build the whole development. I also noticed that last month they began posting jobs, so that is promising. They have already submitted their designs to the FIA and FIM for approval, so we are talking the real deal, as only 1 track is FIA/FIM approved in the whole US, and that is the IMS road course. I would bet Eddie Gossage(Texas Motor Speedway GM) is hating this, as he commented that it would never happen since there isn't enough road racing to support it.