View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 10:14 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
Nothing wrong with dreaming big. The problem is that around here, the people who are the big dreamers have little or no financial support and experience to make it reality. Lots of guys dream, but it takes guts and good business acumen to realize the vision.

What I can't stomach is when people won't accept reality, i.e. when a project is pitched in the city and we have morons spewing off from their ass, complaining that it doesn't meet their expectations or accusing the people of being liars, crooks, mafiosi, stupid, etc.

the bigger problem is that those good businessmen with all the money tend to skimp out in Hamilton to save a buck. In TO or Buffalo or other cities you see builders spend that tiny bit of extra money to make a project go from ho-hum to nice....in places like TO or Vancouver with more money they go even further and make projects go from nice to WOW. I'd be happy with these guys in Hamilton going from shite to ho-hum...maybe the odd one, like CoreLofts (they made a bundle on that, so save me your speech about how guys won't spend the extra few bucks in Hamilton because it's a poor town etc....) could actually go up to nice. Turned out well for them (CoreLofts) and for the city.
Is that too much to ask??