View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Shiro,

I apologize for being rude to you. I was just a little upset with your response after I made a factual, non-offensive statement in response to someone else. You're right that classifying people in Europe by race does not take into account fully the amount of immigration certain regions have experienced recently. Even my family in Spain is not Spanish by birth (they are from Argentina). However, even if the percentage "white" / "light-skinned Caucasian" or whatever you want to call it may not be as relavent to this discussion as the numbers of immigrants coming into Spain, I feel obliged to dispell non-factual information about said country when I have the chance to do so. I agree that lots of things posted on here by Americans are terribly misinformed or non-factual, but this is really a two-way street: I have heard some horrendously untrue things said by Europeans about the United States. Having discussions like this (that involve people from both sides of the Atlantic) help us all to be better informed if the information exchanged is honest, relavent, and true. That's all.
No worries! And no need to apologize either.