View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 2:22 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
THIS.

When it makes financial sense for developers to build tall, they build tall. You keep complaining and saying silly things like "They're too scared to build taller!" Come on now. When it makes financial sense for developers to build tall, they build tall.

I'm guessing you're in high school and have an interest in architecture. That's great! I'd strongly recommend studying things like urban planning, business and economics. And when you graduate high school, consider moving to a city that comes closer to being what you want. I don't mean that in a snarky way at all. I spent too many years living in places I didn't want to be. When I moved to Portland in the late 90s, it instantly felt like a home because I'd chosen what I wanted rather than complaining endlessly about places that could never be what I wanted.

When it makes financial sense for developers to build tall, they build tall. Developers aren't conspiring against us to avoid height and they're not chickening out or anything silly like that. They're in business. When it makes financial sense for developers to build tall, they build tall.
No im a grown adult thank you very much. Also I was born and raised in the heart of the city of Portland which has now been gentrified. Which I don't mind at all my family and I were fortunate enough to work hard all our lives no we see the benefits of rising property values.

It seems like your the actual newbie to my beautiful city. Welcome. All I want is more southwater front tall towers they originally built. It can still be Portland enough to make everybody happy. You keep saying financial sense. Have you read these reports on the economy here? It's booming. If not now when? It's a legitimate question