View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 4:55 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Cycling in Copenhagen was incredible - we rented bikes for a week and didn't really even have use transit except for getting to and from the airport, and going to Sweden. The only thing I could see getting annoying if I lived there would be how crowded some of the bike lanes get, and consequently how slow going it is. I'm used to biking fast on city streets, and in Toronto sometimes take routes without bike lanes by choice to avoid bicycle congestion (which is a thing now! Night and day from 10 years ago).
I was just in Montreal, and I found myself passing slower riders a lot in the bike lanes, though not as recklessly as some there do. I haven't been to Copenhagen or Amsterdam, but the videos of cycling infrastructure there that I've seen suggest to me that the laws and regulations for riding are much more rigorously followed, and that one wouldn't, say, jump red lights or take liberties with bike lanes in polite company.

Funny how "Wild West" even Canada is in comparison to Western Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
The use of the lanes is also increasing in the winter months since the city maintains clearing on them.
That...is awesome. It's so gratifying to see an attitude shift about the feasibility of cycling in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
The rule N+1 for bikes is definite a requirement here.

I'm currently at 5.5.
Uh, how do fractions work with bikes? I'm at 3. One road bike, one town bike with saddlebags for getting groceries, and one mountain bike for bombing around in the snow.

Last edited by rousseau; Sep 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM. Reason: Grammar