View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
My god, why would anyone want to live in an apartment on that part of Windmill Road? Sure, on the backside you have the basin -- but on the street side you have one of the busiest arteries in the area. Hope it has a big setback and lots of screening from the street.
Probably will be very well setback. He owns the four waterfront lots that stretch from Windmill Road to the end of Basinview Drive.

The five households on Basinview Drive will probably scream bloody murder over the proposal (like some did against Harbour Isle).

Given the layout of the lots I'd say an hockey stick shape building abutting the water with plenty of buffer space from Basinview Drive. The main entrance will probably face Windmill Road with a parking lot seperating them.

Really given the location the quality of the building does not matter in this case since it will not be visible from any viewpoint. All I can dream of is a path along the waterfront and HRM purchasing a few metres on Windmill Road for a bus lane and sidewalk (if they haven't already).