View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 1:44 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I've never heard that, even once. And I know lots of people with connections to the old WTC.
Well there are a lot of people in New York who say they wouldn't want to work at the WTC. And there are a lot of people in New York who say the Twin Towers should have been rebuilt, but taller. But those opinions are neither here nor there, as the vast majority of people won't work there.

Read any article on any New York development where there are comments, and the vast majority will be clueless commentary, because people have opinions on everything. Has no bearing on what will or should be built.

I will say though, that the atmosphere of fear that surfaced in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 is gone for the most part. There will be more people living or working in higher places than before 9/11, and that is only going to increase.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.