View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2015, 10:08 PM

I have just returned from a three week trip in Poland, the Czech Republic and Germany where I used all manner of transit.

Ottawa's plans for the Trillium line are flat out ridiculous and are designed to fail and this will get worse with Phase 2. Nobody in their right mind would use diesel trains and a single track in order to deliver the level of service that Ottawa is proposing. We have already seen the recent service expansion did not meet the original promises. You certainly would not see this sort of thing in Europe. Everywhere frequent service was being delivered there was double track using electric trains. This is the only way to provide fast service. I saw one exception involving trams going through a historic arch where the tracks merged for perhaps 30 meters. Of course, trams operate like buses and are not dependent on complicated signaling systems and this short exception did not impede trams significantly.

As far as Lint and Talent trains sharing the same line, I don't know how that is possible when their platform requirements do not entirely match.